Sunday, May 3, 2009

Family Pictures!

In March, I finally decided it was time to get a new family picture. I can't tell you the number of appointments I have set and then canceled. It is just so much work to get everyone ready and keep their clothes clean. Mostly, I kept thinking I would finally loose the rest of my pregnancy weight but I gave up and we went for it. I will admit that they turned out alright, although the experience was less than pleasant. The photographer would not listen to what I said and the first pose she did was to lay each of the boys down on their backs and take a picture from above. My boys don't love professional pictures as it is but that was a bad start. They were both bawling and that continued for the rest of the photo shoot. I have learned a few things through my several photo sessions. First, I always need someone to help. I usually tell my mom that I can do it on my own, but this time I was prepared. She came with me! My favorite part of the whole experience was when I had to sit with the photographer and choose my prints. After the screaming and mayhem, and I was over the top frustrated, she had the nerve to offer me a portrait package costing $900! Are you kidding me? I wouldn't spend that even if the pictures were stellar, but screaming kids blown up to 20x24 and framed--- no. Anyway, we now have a picture with all of our children in it. At least for now, we are up to date.

P.S. You can expect us to get a new family picture in about 1 year. We will then need to update it to have a new addition in it. Yes, we are expecting our 3rd in November. (My doctor said that 3 would put us over the top, and I can only imagine how we are going to handle 3. Wish us luck!)

7 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! You look AMAZING as always!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I hope that you are feeling okay? I am sure you will be GREAT with 3. I didn't feel like 3 was an over the top event. There are moments that the number of kids can seem overwhelming, but it definitely depends on the situation. I can't wait to hear what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pictures! You are brave. I tried to do just the three boys for Christmas. What an adventure. I felt the same way you did. But somehow a couple cute moments were caught! And such is life. 3 isn't so bad. It's crazy at times, but those few moments of love and cuteness make it a beautiful memory! Congrats! I too, can't wait to hear what you are having! YEAH!!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya on the hassel of pictures...i swear just the thought seems overwelming...thus the reason we are overdue for them! Lol! I think yours look great! What a cute family! Yea for a new baby! Hope you're feeling well...will you find out what it is? Our third was an adjustment for us, but I think it was the baby not the number.. she was/is a bit higher matainance than my boys are/were! LoL. Can't wait for your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures turned out really cute! Congrats on having another baby!!! That is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not big on getting pictures either. We waited 3 years until we finally broke down and got new pictures. Fortunately they turned out good (not as cute as your family though:)

    Congratulations on number three. I felt like it was overwhelming the first 3-6 months and then I kind of got the hang of it. Now I can't imagine life without all three.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the photos turned out great. Remember I'm always open to trying if you want to be a test shoot ;)
    I can't tell you how thrilled I am that we're expecting TOGETHER!! like I said, "you need to be preggers w/ me!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Telena on baby #3. You will have to let me know how it is. I am thinking that 2 is all I can handle. By the way your family pictures turned out very cute.

    ReplyDelete