Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Day Out With Thomas!

My favorite part of motherhood is making memories with my family and children. Growing up, we did a lot of things together as a family and I love to sit with my siblings and reminisce. I want my children to have those same opportunities. Well, Chad LOVES Thomas the Train. When he turned 2, Dave's parents gave him a "Take Along Thomas" train set. He loved it instantly! Since then, he has added A LOT to his collection. Each Memorial Day, Thomas comes to the Heber Valley Railroad. So, after all that had happened on Thursday, we hopped in the car Friday morning and headed to Utah to ride on Thomas. I decided that no matter what had happened, Chad still needed to ride Thomas. We had been talking about this event for several months. Dave got to pose with the boys in front of Thomas. I got to ride next to Chad on the train. The fun part is that young children have such fun imaginations. It didn't matter to Chad that we just rode Thomas through town and back, he was happy just to be riding a train.
Chad did not want to meet Sir Topham Hat, but we had a lot of fun looking around and playing with Thomas train sets. There was even a Lego train set that Chad was fascinated with. Chad has developed a new found love for Legos since Dave got his out for Chad several weeks ago.


The hardest part for Chad was the gift shop. Everything Thomas! He wanted to buy a new train, which cost twice what it does anywhere else. I wanted him to get a shirt, which was also overpriced. Ultimately, Chad picked a Thomas whistle, which I'm sure I'll regret, and a few other souvenirs. It was a lot of fun to get to experience the magic of Thomas with Chad. I am sure this is a memory he will cherish for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I will have to take Chase there next year I am sure he would love it. I am with you it is fun making memories for our kids.

    ReplyDelete