Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our little angels

On Thursday, May 21st, we went in for our first ultrasound. The truth is, 14 weeks is a little early for an ultrasound, but since we had not yet been able to detect a heart beat, my doctor wanted to check on everything and be sure my dates were correct. Our first surprise was that as soon as we saw the image, we noticed that there was not one baby, but two! I knew something had been different this time around. I have never been so tired in my life. There were times when I would sleep 12 hours at night and be ready to lay down by 9am. I could hardly eat because I was so sick and I was just beyond exhausted. Since we had not been able to hear a heart beat at the doctor's office, I asked the ultrasound tech. if he had found one. They are so helpful-not really. All he could say was "I'll have your doctor give you a call. I can't really say much." So, we left the ultrasound not sure whether to be excited or devistated. About an hour later, we got a call from my doctor. Indeed, our worst fears were confirmed, as both babies had stopped growing at about 10 weeks. There really is not words to describe that call. Even though the babies had not been born, I felt a terrible loss. I had to have another ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage and was then scheduled for same day surgery. What a whirlwind of emotions a day like that can carry. One moment, I felt alright and knew that I would be fine. The next, I just couldn't control my tears. I wish the ultrasound picture came through better. It looks like two little babies with their legs crossed at the ankles. I guess only a mother can love her unborn children. So, as we cope with the loss of two angels, we wanted you all to know that we will not be welcoming our third child until a little later down the road.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my... words cannot express... I can only imagine your emotions. Sorry to hear the sad news. You are so strong. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say, especially in a blog comment, but I do admire your strength! I hope that the heartache you must be feeling will minimal...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel so sad when I hear of someone miscarrying, but it's true that only the mother can really feel the pain of that loss. You'll be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that you recovery quickly and regain your energy! You are an AMAZING woman to make a trip to Utah right after that....might I add that you look very good too! We actually went through something like that last year. I ended up hemorrhaging and things were a little crazy for awhile. I love that you are always making the most of your time with the two beautiful boys that you have!!! I even remember some of the wonderful memories that your family made while you were growing up!!!! You are definitely a WONDERFUL mom and an inspiration to me! Good Luck with your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear your sad news. You will be in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Telena and Dave,
    We love you and are so sorry for your loss. Although our experiences have been different we do understand about loss. We are praying for your recovery and for you to be comforted. With love from the Taylors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are thinking of you, and wishing you & the family well. Just know you were blessed w/ two perfect babies Heavely Father needed returned to him sooner than later...
    love Greg & Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Telena,
    I am so sorry to hear your news. That kind of news is never easy. I went through a miscarriage a few years ago and its never easy. You are such a strong person. Again I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete