Sunday, April 4, 2010

Baby's Room

Remember when you were expecting your 1st baby? Everyone said things like, "Oh! Congratulations!!!" and "That is so exciting." They threw you a baby shower and you anticipated how life would change with the addition of your new little one.
When you are expecting your 3rd baby, you hear a lot of things like, "Wow! Another one. Good luck!" and "How soon after the birth are you going to be back at church?" In other words, nothing is changing and you don't need any time to recover, figure this out, or even be excited about another baby. The fact that I am having a 3rd boy only compounds the issue.
So, I decided that for my own sake, to help myself feel like this was a new experience and just as important at our previous 2 children, I opted to redo the nursery for this baby. I have used the same bedding with both of my other boys and it was just time for a change. With the help of several others, I have a had a lot of fun creating a space for our newest little one.
I made all of the bedding. I had found some I really liked in a magazine, but saved myself over $100 by doing it myself. I was pretty proud of that!
My sister in law, Ann, cut out these vynal letters for me. I think it turned out so fun! Thanks Ann!!

Rocker from my sister. I hated the one I had with my other 2 boys. This one is so comfortable. Chad and Tyler and I havve enjoyed rocking in it on the little bit of lap that I have left. So my budget for this room was so small, and became smaller as I went. I was able to purchase the crib and rocker from my sister for a great deal and repurposed other things I already had around. I love how it turned out!

5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, now will you come and do my babies room. I just barely went through Chase's old clothes to see if there was anything for this little guy. Haven't even come close to doing his room, I just have no energy to do it. Good Luck with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love how it turned out Telena! I wasn't sure if the size would be right, had worries since we just went for it, but it looks great! I might totally steal your idea....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Telena. I also want you to do my babies room. I am totally excited for you even though it is your 3rd boy. I know you wanted a girl, but I think 3 boys will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Super cute, especially that bedding! I'd never guess you had a small budget! According to your baby ticker you are really close! Can't wait to hear how everything goes! Any names picked out? Good luck with everything, pre and post! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete