Sunday, September 7, 2008

A big project

With the long weekend last week, we decided to take on a project. When we were first married, all we did was home projects. I think we burned ourselves our. We finally got in the mood to once again try our hand at a project in our 2nd home. Since we moved here nearly 2 years ago, we have done nothing. The walls were white with stencils on them-grapes stenciled on the walls in the kitchen and the far wall was green. The weekend project was to paint the entire living space-living room, hall and kitchen/dining room. We also added a wood wall and shelf to the far (previoulsy green) wall. It is not done but it looks great so far. And it is a good fix for that itching to move. Just a little change and you feel like you live in a new home. We sit on the couches every night after the boys are in bed and admire our work. What do you think?

Stage 1

Stage 2
I wish I had a before. I'll have to post again when it is all finished with pictures hung and everything.

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive!!!! We don't build around here. I really need to paint my walls, but Steven doesn't want to join in on that kind of fun! I am not sure how I can do that and keep 4 boys out of the paint???? How did you guys get that done so quickly with 2 little boys? I love it!

    ReplyDelete