Monday, July 12, 2010

Chad's 5th Birthday!

Wow! It is hard to believe that our beautiful "baby" boy, Chad, is now 5 years old!!! I can't say that it "feels like yesterday" but I can still remember that day in the hospital like it was yesterday. I guess the birth of your first will probably never be forgotten.
Here is Chad on Sunday before church. He looks so grown up!
Chad wanted a Chick Hicks cake from the movie CARS. I tried my hand at fondant, and it actually was quite simple to use. I made the marshmallow recipe and it turned out cute. Dave had a hard time cutting it because he was so proud of our creation.

This was the first time I have ever done a party with friends. (And maybe the last!) It was a TON of work. Next time, I'll just do it for 30 minutes. Two hours was WAY to long!!!!!

Here is the whole birthday party clan. It was fun, but I was ready for it to be over. Don't you love Chad's smile! Happy birthday bud!








2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks great and lots of fun! Too bad we missed out. I think the cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party seems to be very enjoyable. The kids appear to be having a great time and the birthday cake also turned out great. I’ll be organizing a party this week for my daughter’s 3rd birthday. We don’t have much space at our home to host the party so we have rented a hall at one of the wonderful venues in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete