Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tyler's 3rd birthday

It is hard to believe that it has been three years since I was in the hospital with this guy. My, how the time has flown. He is truly the silliest little boy, and also the grouchiest, sweetest, most destructive, etc. He makes me laugh every day! (And I can't deny that he makes me frustrated probably every day too.)


I love to make birthdays feel like they are a special day. I asked Chad if he wanted to help me decorate once Tyler was asleep, but told him that I wanted to keep it a surprise. All day, he'd say to Tyler, "I'm not going to sleep with you." Then he'd remember the "surprise" part and look at Tyler and sweetly say, "I'm just kidding." He did stay awake and help me and I think Chad was probably more excited about the party than Tyler. This year for his birthday, Tyler was very adament that he wanted a "Mater and the Ghostlight" cake. So, here is how it turned out.

I thought it was acceptable. It was supposed to be covered in fondant, but for some reason, the recipe that I used before with no trouble was a disaster. So, we went with plan B and I think it worked. The sucker hanging from his hook is the "ghost light".

Just had to put in this last little picture of Tyler being Tyler. He loves to "cook" things with me and I find bowls, little cups and everything you can imagine full of water all over the house.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fun party, thanks for the invite! Cute pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the cake looks perfect! Yummy too! It was so good to see you guys again. Come for a visit soon!

    ReplyDelete