Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Birthdays!

July is a busy birthday month in our household. My birthday is on the 5th and Chad's is on the 12th, followed by several extended family birthdays. While in Boise last week, we celebrated my birthday. Chad was so cute to write me a birthday message on the sidewalk with chalks. I think you can read what it says, "Hape BDY Mom." He sounded it all out and then went back because he remembered the "dot" (period) at the end. He is awefully proud of his work.


Today was Chad's turn for a birthday. He turned 4! We had a lot of fun with his cake. At first, he wanted a cake shaped like Mader when he was still blue. I thought about it, but it was WAY too much work. After going through many ideas and several prototypes, here is the finished product.

It is a mini Radiator Springs. There is the "new road" and "Luigi's" tire store as well as the "Cozy Cone." Chad was so excited and the best part was the toys on the top were part of his presents.

Here is Chad with his cake. He picked out his own shirt to match it.


Finally, Chad got to play with all his presents. He got a lot of fun things and it was so thoughtful of everyone who brought gifts, cards and thought of him. In his own works, he was "SO EXCITED!!!" Happy Birthday Chad!





1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to everyone! You are such a good mom! Your cakes are AMAZING!!!! Maybe I will hire you to make our cakes. You know me....I always enjoyed eating the frosting right out of the can. The whole cake part, just takes more work and time. I'm glad that he had a GREAT birthday and he did a SUPER job on your birthday wish! LOVE IT! :O)

    ReplyDelete