Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkins! Pumpkins!

I love this season! All the leaves changing and the feel of the holidays approaching. From now until Christmas - time just seems to disappear.

This year, our pumpkins in our own pumpkin patch grew mostly vines, so we headed off to a pumpkin patch to get pumpkins to carve. We enjoyed the corn maze, which took forever. I quit halfway through, but Chad kept on running. He just loved it!!!
Next, we picked some pumpkins to take home. Chad always describes the size of items by referring to them as compared to the size of each of us in the family. For example, we had to get a daddy pumpkin (the biggest), a mommy pumpkin (middle size), a Chadder Box pumpkin (small) and a Tyler pumpkin ("little tiny").

It has become our tradition to have my parents come and help us to carve our pumpkins each year. This year, Chad chose a face design from the comics I had used to cover the table.

They're done! Chad and my dad hold their pumpkins to display. Chad was so proud. I needed to put in a picture of them all lit up on the porch. Maybe next year!



1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the pumpkins! They look great! I am impressed with the lucky person that got to carve that comic face too! Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete